Did you know that the activator method is one of the safest and most effective forms of chiropractic care when it comes to treating spinal related conditions? Here at Harbor Front, both doctors want to help you have a healthy pregnancy and safe delivery.
Why is chiropractic care important during pregnancy?
Throughout the course of your pregnancy there will be many changes as your body prepares for birth. As baby grows, your center of gravity moves forward. This increases the low back curve and places more strain through your lower spine and hips. Hormonal changes loosen joints, which increases mobility, but decreases stability. This creates an aggravation of past joint injuries and amplifies pelvic instability. These changes, among others disrupt the pelvic region which may contribute to dystocia (difficult labor). Add these up and you have a joyful season that can quickly become uncomfortable.
What is possible with Chiropractic Care during and after pregnancy?
- A healthier pregnancy
- Reduced nausea
- Optimal fetal position for birth- reduced risk of breech birth
- Reduced discomfort
- Better pelvic alignment & balance
- Reduction in preeclampsia
- Reduce labor times
- Reduces likelihood of Cesarean
- Reduced instances of dystocia
- Reduce need for pain medication
- Lessen postpartum depression
- Supports natural labor and delivery
- More comfort while breastfeeding
- Greater production of breastmilk
- Less back, neck and joint pain
- Less back labor