Did you know that the activator method is one of the safest and most effective forms of chiropractic care when it comes to treating spinal related conditions? Here at Harbor Front, both doctors want to help your children to live a full, active life.
Why does your child need chiropractic care?
The trauma of birth: Most people immediately know how tough giving birth is on a mother, but often overlooked is the trauma the baby goes through. 90% of newborn babies have some strain on their cranial mechanisms. What does this mean for those babies? Nursing difficulties, sleep disturbances, and colic are all signs of spinal nerve stress. How can you tell if your baby needs chiropractic care? Here are three clear signs:
- His head tilts to one side- even after straightening it.
- She seems to have a hard time turning her neck to one side.
- He has difficulty settling or sleeping soundly.
What health concerns does your child have?
- Ear infections: which account for 35% of all pediatrician visits.
- Respiratory difficulties & Asthma: which occurs in 7% of American children, appearing in the first year of life in 30% of these infants and 50% before age 2.
- Bedwetting: which occurs in 20% of all 4-5 year-olds and persists in 7% of 8 year-olds.
- Headaches: in children during any given school year may be as high as 80-90%.
- As well as: acid reflux, allergies, torticollis, hyperactivity and learning disabilities
These issues, as well as normal bumps and bruises that all children get, result in different types of symptoms at young ages. Such as:
As your child grows and develops:
You’ll probably never see your five or 6 year old bend down to reach a toy and freeze in pain saying, “Ouch, my back went out again!” The cause of that kind of pain rarely appears in children, but it started there. Why?
- Backpacks are too heavy in 30-54% of students.
- Sports injuries are most common in ages 5-14; there are 8.6 million sports injuries reported each year.
- “Tech Neck” Kids today use handheld screens, which holds their neck in a strained position.
- Scoliosis, which occurs most often during the growth spurt before puberty.
- One million children under age 5 visit the ER each year due to falls.
These issues, as well as normal bumps and bruises that all children get, result in different symptoms at young ages. Our doctors are Advanced Certified in the Activator Method. This means that your child can get the care they need without manual manipulation.
Remember: it’s easier to raise healthy children than to repair damaged adults.